Applying for EO Chicago's Board of Directors
Board member job description and orientation and training will be provided to make sure directors are comfortable and knowledgeable in their role; previous Board experience is an asset but not required.
- A team player with time for three (3) quarterly board meetings, committee meetings (20 minutes once a week), and planning sessions (one to two per year)
- Engage in critical thought and be committed to a vibrant future for the EO Chicago
- Prepare well for meetings, reviewing and commenting on scorecard metrics, minutes, and reports
- Listen well and be thoughtful in considering issues
- Get to know other Board members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus
- Actively participate in the Board’s annual kick-off and planning efforts
- Understand the fiscal implications of decisions responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership
- Be knowledgeable about the organization’s values, mission, programs and performance, bylaws, and house rules
- Be an ambassador for the organization
- Ensure the organization’s financial viability and sustainability
The Board is comprised of up to 19 members that are formally elected in March and take office May 1, 2022. Terms range from one to two years. To explore the opportunity to join our passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated Board of Directors, please fill out this application and reach out to Dawn Collins for questions at email@example.com.
All applications must be received by March 1, 2022.